Police, QFES and paramedics were called to a reported gas bottle explosion at Agnes Water. FILE PHOTO.
Police, QFES and paramedics were called to a reported gas bottle explosion at Agnes Water. FILE PHOTO.

Gas bottle explosion ignites Agnes Water garage

FIRE FIGHTERS extinguished an Agnes Water garage after a gas bottle explosion this afternoon.

A Queensland Police spokeswoman said officers were alerted to a gas bottle explosion at Masthead Drive at 4.15pm.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said three crews arrived at the scene at 4.35pm and found a fire in a six-by-six metre shed.

"When they arrived they said it was a double-car garage that was alight," the spokeswoman said.

"They reported there were solar panels on the roof.

"Fire fighters extinguished the fire with hoses."

A Queensland Ambulance spokeswoman said paramedics responded to the incident.

"Paramedics attended the scene and were not required to transport any patients," the spokeswoman said.



Disqualified driver asks magistrate if she can drive home

Premium Content Disqualified driver asks magistrate if she can drive home

“I think you are on your last legs in terms of penalties from here on in.”

Shortage of medical specialists in Gladstone

Premium Content Shortage of medical specialists in Gladstone

General surgery is the only medical specialty not in shortage in Gladstone...

Gladstone magistrate takes shot at excuse makers

Premium Content Gladstone magistrate takes shot at excuse makers

“I have heard all the (expletive) excuses.”