Fun run will have all the colours of the rainbow
GLADSTONE'S most colourful fun run will be held in April when the PCYC hosts the Rainbow Run.
The Rainbow Run will help promote health and fitness while raising funds for youth development programs by the Gladstone PCYC.
The event will consist of a 5km course, with participants able to complete the event at whatever pace they wish.
They'll also be coated with powered paint along the way.
A Zumba warm-up will kick off the event, with a tai chi warm-down and party wrapping it up.
There will be five colour stations, plus water stations along the way.
The run will be held on April 12, starting at the Mt Larcom showgrounds. Gates will open at 8am.
Anyone can take part in the run. Participants aged five and under can run for free and don't need to pre-register.
Tickets much be purchased before March 26. Earlybird registrations close on March 12.
All registrations include a colour pack, Rainbow Run t-shirt, silicon wristband and entry to the race.
Gladstone PCYC is taking entries, or you can register online here.
Registration costs $38 adults, $23 child aged 6-12 and concession, and $33 per individual per team of five.
ABOUT THE COLOUR:
The colour is environmentally friendly and 100% safe but may stain some clothing.
- Oil your hair - This will help the colour to wash out. Use leave-in conditioner, coconut oil, Moroccan oil or similar.
- Cover up - Get creative and cover your hair with a wig, hat, shower cap or bandana.
- Cover your car seats - Pack an old towel or garbage bags to sit on for the trip home
- Slip, Slop, Slap - coat yourself in suncream and a lip balm with SPF in it. Not only will it protect you from the sun, it will help the colour slide off when you're done
- Shield your eyes - Wear sunnies, goggles or similar to avoid any irritation
- Leave your favorites are home - while the colour will eventually wash out of everything, leave expensive strollers or running shoes at home just in case
After the race:
- Dust off as much of the dry powder as you can before adding any water
- When you get home shower as normal and add baking soda to your body to wash any stubborn spots
- Washing your hair - Anti-dandruff shampoo is best for helping remove any colour patches, and if it needs something a little extra add baking soda to your shampoo to form a paste
- Clothing - Dust off all excess colour and wash items separately in cold water. Napisan or similar products will help work wonders