Fuel watch page keeps eye on Gladstone prices
A GLADSTONE fuel watch page has been set up for people keen to keep an eye on fuel prices around town.
The page has been operating for just over a year, but the administrator is keen to get as many people posting on the page as possible.
MORE GLADSTONE FUEL PRICE NEWS
- Gladstone one of the most expensive places to buy fuel
- Caltex says Boyne Island fuel price is 'not typical'
- Drivers urged to boycott fuel stations charging too much
- Time to boycott Gladstone fuel outlets, resident says
- Why fuel is cheaper at Boyne Island
- Fuel watch page keeps eye on Gladstone prices
People are encouraged to post photos of fuel prices they see, to help others find the most affordable place to buy.
It's hoped prices can be tracked each day.
"I have noticed on our travels that little country towns out west are even cheaper than Gladstone, and the past posts on this site will show you," the administrator said.
"I don't understand why Boyne and Mt Larcom can have such cheaper fuel than us. How can you boycott fuel? Ride a push bike?
"It's the same with Woolworths petrol. They say spend $5 in store and save 8c a litre. Do people realise that the cost of the price of product they just purchased has been inflated already, to cover the discount given?"