Five things you can do to pump up your sex life
DID you know your sexual desire isn't just a reflection of whether or not you're attracted to someone?
Our sexual desire is complex and there are things most people do every day that lower their libdo and stop them from having the hot sex life they truly want for themselves, and their lover/s.
- It's not about weight but what you put in your system. Think of healthy food as fuel not just for your body generally, but for your sex drive. Put in clean, green fuel and you will have a sexual system raring to go. Punish it with processed items, and your libido will slow to a snail's pace. Not sexy.
Lack of exercise
- Lack of exercise: Your sexual response uses your hormones, your muscles, your circulatory system and your nerves, to name but a few. If those areas of your body are in good shape and are performing well, then you will have a libido to match. If you're a couch potato, then so is your libido: Simply not in the mood. Get your move on to get your sexy groove on.
Not enough sleep
- Your libido is not classified as a life or death function by your body, so when it's tired, and chronically so, your body will put its limited energy resources into its vital body processes (digesting, and doing the tasks you require it to do). Your body will tell your libido to wait until it has some energy reserves. So sleep. Can you have sex when you're tired all the time? Sure. Will you want to? No and no and no again.
- Most people know that stress lowers their libido, but do you know it's not all bad? A little bit of stress can prompt you to have sex as a stress reliever, and that's good for you. But chronic high levels of stress will lower your libido, and not just for a week but months on end, until the stress is taken care of. So look after your sex life. Take a meditation class. It helps fight stress and the added bonus is that doing meditation actually increases thel evels of DHEA in your body which … drumroll … increases your libido.
- Who wants to sleep with a grump? Almost no one. Isolated bad moods are normal. Taking all your frustrations out on your partner, or into your home environment is toxic, unhealthy and will dampen your libido and theirs.