Firefighters called to mercury spill at Gladstone home

GLADSTONE firefighters were called to an Auckland St residence at 10.15am on Saturday to clean up hazardous material.

A spokesman said a thermometer had broken, spilling mercury onto the carpet.

The firefighters cut the damaged piece of carpet and disposed of it.

The spokesman said it was an unusual job for the crew.



'Distraught': Mum's worry after $30k mistake

premium_icon 'Distraught': Mum's worry after $30k mistake

A Gladstone mum is urging others to be vigilant

REVEALED: High risk intersection set for safety crackdown

premium_icon REVEALED: High risk intersection set for safety crackdown

New camera to be installed

Music legends to take stage at Agnes

Music legends to take stage at Agnes

The line up for next year's Agnes Blues, Roots and Rock Festival.

Local Partners