HOSPITAL FIRE: Emergency crews were called to Stanthorpe Hospital in the early hours of this morning.
HOSPITAL FIRE: Emergency crews were called to Stanthorpe Hospital in the early hours of this morning. Bev Lacey

Fire sparks evacuation at Southern Downs hospital

EMERGENCY crews rushed to Stanthorpe Hospital last night where a fire had started in a treatment room.

A spokeswoman from Queensland Fire and Emergency Services said the fire was contained to a microwave.

Firefighters were called to the scene about 1.15am to ventilate the area and make the scene safe.

The spokeswoman said patients were evacuated but the fire was under control by 1.41am.

Apart from the microwave, no other property was damaged in the fire and no one sustained injuries.



'Mr Dutton, please end this family's pain'

'Mr Dutton, please end this family's pain'

Friends of Biloela family call for their release

Beecher woman pitches Clothesline Brolly on Shark Tank

Beecher woman pitches Clothesline Brolly on Shark Tank

Woman forges ahead with dream to sell product nationwide.

SHOP CLOSE: Gladstone's favourite sweet store to close doors

SHOP CLOSE: Gladstone's favourite sweet store to close doors

Eatery closes at Stockland Gladstone.

Local Partners