Fire breaks out in dryer at shopping centre

UPDATE 1PM: Firefighters are ventilating a laundromat at the Westridge Shopping Centre after a dryer caught fire.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services are doing atmospheric testing at the Coinwash laundromat after a fire broke out in an industrial dryer about 12.30pm.

No one was reported injured in the incident.

12.30PM: Emergency services are responding to reports of a structure fire at a Toowoomba shopping centre.

The fire is located in the laundromat of Westridge Shopping Centre in West St, Kearneys Spring.

It was reported to emergency services about 12.30pm.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services crews are responding to the fire, believe to be caused by a dryer.



Man hospitalised after suspect encounter with deadly animal

Man hospitalised after suspect encounter with deadly animal

There is no known antidote for this sting.

86 jobs in the Gladstone region you can apply for right now

86 jobs in the Gladstone region you can apply for right now

Cr Cindi Bush has compiled a list of job opportunities.

Gladstone rental vacancy rates at lowest point in 3 years

Gladstone rental vacancy rates at lowest point in 3 years

It's the latest in a series of figures pointing to a turnaround.

Local Partners