Events across region celebrate speical day for mums
MOTHER'S Day 2014 promises to deliver the gift of good entertainment for Gladstone region mums.
There will be humour, food and music on offer across the region.
The highlight event will be the performance by young folk and pop artist Dane Austin at the Mum's Day on Q event at Quoin Island.
Also performing will be Sunshine Coasters Jess and Dwight, and Kate Leahy.
The Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow promises to tickle the funny bones of mothers attending the Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre.
The line-up features Adam Rozenbachs, Greg Behrendt, Elbow Skin, Kate McLennan and Nath Valvo.
Gladstone's Harvey Road Tavern is offering a Mother's Day buffet breakfast.
Diners will have a chance to win a trip for two to New York, including accommodation and $5000.
At Agnes Water, performer Liam James Campbell promises to treat the ears of mothers during his gig.
Dinner and lunch are available and the children won't miss out with a jumping castle available on the day.
There are also a number of events in the lead-up to Mother's Day.
St Saviour's Anglican Church in Gladstone is offering a Mother's Day morning tea.
The church's coffee and craft group hosts the tea tomorrow at St Peter's Church in Hickey Ave, Clinton, from 9am.
There will be a craft and cooking stall, as well as a multi-draw raffle.
Funds from the morning tea will be donated to Operation Christmas Child and to Anthony, the Fijian orphan the parish is sponsoring.
A service celebrating mums will be held at St Saviour's in Auckland Ave, Gladstone, at 7.30am on Saturday. The service will include breakfast.
The Calliope Community Mother's Day event, also on Saturday, will be held at 2pm at the RSL Hall grounds. The first 30 mothers will receive a free gift.
There will be a jumping castle, games for mums and the children, as well as a sausage sizzle and other crafty stalls.
AGNES WATER TAVERN
Mother's Day Special
- Sunday, 11th May from 2pm
- 'Liam James Campbell'
- Free glass of wine + free dessert for mum with every main meal purchase
- Available for lunch and dinner.
- Jumping castle available for kids.
- Call 4974 9469 for more information.
Melbourne Comedy Festival
- Sunday, 11 May 8pm
- The Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow is back with another jam-packed tour. Now in its 16th year, the Roadshow transports fresh faced and well-known comedians from the fancy theatres of Comedy Festival HQ to Hobart, Hong Kong and every venue in-between in the ultimate comedy odyssey.
- Note: Performances may contain coarse language, sexual references and material that can offend. It is recommended for people aged 15 years or older.
- Lineup: Adam Rozenbachs, Greg Behrendt, Elbow Skin, Kate McLennan and Nath Valvo
- Tickets: Adult: $50.00, Pensioner: $40.00, Student(15+): $35.00, Group (8+): $40.00
- Head to https://tickets.gladecc.com.au to purchase a ticket.
HARVEY ROAD TAVERN
Mother's Day Buffet Breakfast
- 7.30-10.30am. Bookings starting to fill up quickly so get in quickly.
- If you buy a meal in bistro, you can go into a state wide draw, picked on May 26: Win a trip for two to NYC with five night's accommodation and $5000 spending money
- Tickets: $20 for adults.
- Call to book: 4978 7102.
QUOIN ISLAND RETREAT
Mum's Day on Q
- Relax on the beach or laze on the lawn enjoying LIVE music all day long... Artists include Sunshine Coast duo Jess and Dwight, young folk/pop artist Dane Austin, plus the voice behind Capricorn Coast's tourism campaign, with her song "We Like", Kate Leahy. Don't forget togs and towels for a splash in the pool, and picnic rugs for the lawn. Delicious hampers are also available.
- NB: No designated seating at this event
- Boats depart O'Connell Wharf, Gladstone:10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm
- Boats depart Quoin Island Retreat:3.30pm, 4.30pm, 5.30pm
- Tickets: Pre-sale tickets available online until midnight Saturday 10th May. Pre-purchased picnic hampers available online until midnight Thursday 8th May.
- Adult ticket: $40pp, Child ticket: $30pp (12 to 2 years), Infants: Children under 2 years travel free, Family pass: $120 (2 adults and 2 children)
- Visit http://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/MumsDayonQ to book your ticket.