STOCKLAND in Kin Kora was evacuated on Monday after a fire alarm was tripped at Woolworths.
The evacuation took place at 3.08pm, and while the fire alarm was tripped there was little cause for concern, with the alarm believed to have gone off because of a fault.
Fire crews and police were on the scene quickly following the evacuation, and once a 15-minute walk through of the centre was complete, shoppers were allowed back into the centre and back into Woolworths.
The faulty alarm was isolated, and Woolies was given verbal advice to have a technician look at it within four hours of the alarm going off.
It is believed this is the first evacuation from the centre in about a year.
Stockland said shoppers reacted well to the situation and were generally calm about the alarm going off.