Encouraging locals for feedback
THE good, the bad and the ugly.
Whether you love or loath The Gladstone Observer- we want to know about it.
On Saturday The Observer did just that, encouraging locals to voice their feedback as part of the APN ARM Audience Panel initiative.
Up to 14,000 readers can be considered for the large scale scheme, which will be used to measure the effectiveness and relevance of APN ARM publications across Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Readers are encouraged to voice their feedback about the Observer's print and online publications.
APN has teamed with Nielsen Australia to deliver surveys to participants on a regular basis.
The Observer editor Meredith Papavasiliou said this was the community's opportunity to engage with The Observer in a real and meaningful way.
"So much is changing in the way our community seeks and consumes its news," Ms Papavasiliou said.
"As The Observer changes with the community's needs, it is vitally important we keep in touch with those who matter most- our readers."
"We field so much feedback- the good, the bad and the ugly- via the likes of Facebook and our online platform, as well as through SMS and letter, but it doesn't mean a lot unless there is an open dialogue and a way for readers to see that their opinion and their reactions to our coverage actually count for something."
"That's where this reader panel is so important.
"We cannot be all the community expects us to be unless we get some solid feedback."
Ms Papavasiliou encouraged anyone interested in taking part in this opportunity to contact her personally to discuss further.
"Across the community there is one constant message- people want to have a say about their local news organisation.
"So, here is the chance."
Participants that sign up will be in the running to win a dream holiday valued up to $15,000, on behalf of Flight Centre.
Runners up will score one of five $500 gift cards.
On completing a survey, participants will be in the running for different prize draws.
The panel will be answerable to the marketing team in Milton, Queensland.
Want to participate? It's easy http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/panel/
WHAT WILL I HAVE TO DO?
- Panel members will be asked to provide their input into various aspects of our print and online titles.
- Participants will complete a number of online surveys.
- Prizes will be awarded to participants upon completing the survey.
- The number of surveys readers are expected to complete will be limited.
- Panel recruitment will be ongoing.
- The panel will be open to people aged over 18-years old.
- Readers will be directed to a local website, where they can click through to the Nielsen registration page.
- The first prize draw will be a $15,000 travel credit from Flight Centre.
- Runner up prizes includes $500 credits.