THE State Government has received eight inquiries from groups interested in bidding for three new "integrated resort developments" in Queensland, but will not say if any are intended for the Sunshine Coast.
A spokesman for acting State Development, Infrastructure and Planning Minister Ian Walker said it was too early to discuss which parties or regions had registered their interest in securing a licence as the deadline was not until February 28.
The Premier announced last October that the Government was seeking expressions of interest for an integrated resort development as part of the Queen's Wharf, Brisbane, with a casino licence offered as incentive.
Mr Newman said the Government would also consider two additional casino licences for other integrated resort developments in regional Queensland.
Mr Walker said the first expression-of-interest documents were issued on Friday to parties interested in taking up the opportunity.
"Since the launch of this process late last year, a number of private operators have officially registered their interest in developing integrated resorts and securing associated gaming licences," he said.
"These parties will now need to clearly demonstrate they have experience in design, development and operation of large-scale integrated resort and entertainment projects, or will be part of a bona-fide bidding team."
A lodgement fee of $100,000 is required for expressions of interest.