Descriptions of power tool thieves released
THIEVES who stole thousands of dollars worth power tools from Gladstone's Bunnings last week removed the goods from their boxes and placed them inside boxes with less expensive price tags, police have revealed.
The thieves then went to the checkouts and only paid $112 for the goods.
Police said the offenders paid for the stolen goods with a Visa Paywave credit card.
Police are searching for a man about six foot tall with a dark full beard, Caucasian appearance and of average build.
He was wearing a red hooded top and dark trousers, and may be able to assist in the investigation.
Police are also searching for a man about 5'8″ to 5'10″, Islander in appearance, olive complexion, tattoos on both sides of his neck, slim build and clean shaven, who was wearing a grey cap, white t-shirt and light coloured shorts.
The following items stolen were:
- AEG orange and black cordless drill (worth $99)
- Makita blue and black impact wrench (worth $199)
- 3 x Makita battery twin packs (worth $229 each)
- 2 x Makita 6-piece combo kits (worth $999 each)
- Makita black and blue brushless impact driver (worth $147)
- Makita black and blue multifunction tool (worth $179)
- Makita blue and black jigsaw (worth $219).
Anyone with information can call Gladstone police on 4971 3222 or Policelink on 131 444.