Dance festival breaks record, showcases young talent
A RECORD number of entrants competed in the Gladstone Dance Festival in Tannum Sands at the weekend, where 227 routines were performed.
Tap, cabaret, modern jazz, classical and contemporary ballet were just a few of the styles on show.
Gladstone Dance Festival is a non-profit event that each year showcases and encourages the talent of young local dancers aged between three and 18.
It is in its 21st year.
Trophies and awards, winners, encouragement awards
- 8 years and under - Classical: Alexis Morrisey, Tap: Mitchell Stewart, Modern: Brianne Ninness
- 9 and 10 years - Classical: Charlize Allado Tap: Layne Schroeder Modern: Ellah-Josie Ching
- 11 and 12 years - Classical: Laura Peever, Tap: Harley Roebuck, Modern: Ruka Kearns
- 13 years and over - Classical: Isabel Kearns, Tap: Cheyenne Roebuck Modern: Abbey Murray
- 10 years and under Katarina Perkins and Mikayla Sippel
- 11 and 12 years no eligible competitors
- 13 years and over Tahlia Downey
- 10 years and under Ella-Josie Ching
- 11 and 12 years Ainsley Childs
- 13 years and over Elle'anna Gonzalez
- 10 years and under Katarina Perkins
- 11 and 12 years Grace Graham
- 13 years and over Abbey Murray and Elle'anna Gonzalez
- Demi character solo with highest mark: Tahlia Downey
- Classical solo with highest mark: Tahlia Downey
- Tap/waltz tap solo with highest mark: Elle'anna Gonzalez
- Jazz/contemporary solo with highest mark: Elle'anna Gonzalez
- Cabaret, novelty or song and dance solo with highest mark: Ainsley Childs
- Cory Busteed Perpetual Trophy: Ainsley Childs
Prestige awards for the most outstanding performer
- Classical: Tahlia Downey
- Tap: Ainsley Childs
- Jazz/hip-hop: Katarina Perkins
- Contemporary: Elle'anna Gonzalez
- Cyril Golding Memorial bursary: Tahlia Downey