Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.



CQ tops QLD for road deaths, X-rays and chronic conditions

Premium Content CQ tops QLD for road deaths, X-rays and chronic conditions

A new health report has provided a concerning insight into the health of CQ...

Woman said she’d spit on police with her ‘hepatitis spit’

Premium Content Woman said she’d spit on police with her ‘hepatitis spit’

Krystal Maree Short’s offending ranged from driving without due care to a racist...

‘One of a kind’: Kindy teacher calls time on long career

Premium Content ‘One of a kind’: Kindy teacher calls time on long career

“You get a laugh everyday, everyday is different and exciting.”