Creative juices on the go ahead of SUNfest showcase
KIDS around the region are preparing for the SUNfest showcase on Friday night at the Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre.
Parents can expect to see living statues, slam poetry, Glee-style performances and much more - all as a result of SUNfest workshops over the past two weeks.
If you want to catch a performance before the show, head out to Stockland Centre at 4pm tomorrow afternoon to witness Gladstone's very own flash mob.
Thursday also brings go-kart racing in Rockhampton and a mini top hat and fascinator workshop at the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum.
There are more school holiday activities available. The PCYC has pool excursions over the next couple of days and is hosting an animal farm day on Friday. The Summer Reading Club has more craft sessions at Boyne and Mt Larcom libraries on Thursday and at Miriam Vale Library on Friday from 9.30am.
- PCYC Rockhampton zoo excursion.
- Scrapbook Fantasies, 2pm cardmaking and 3.30pm scrapbooking.
- Summer Reading Club craft - Calliope and Agnes Water Libraries, 9.30am.
- SUNfest Hook in2 Hockey at Rigby Park, time 9am-noon.
- SUNfest recycled lanterns at PCYC, today and tomorrow 10am-3pm.
- SUNfest Awoonga headwaters adventure day, 8am-5pm.
- PCYC pool excursion, cost $5 addition to standard day fee.
- Summer Reading Club craft - Boyne and Mt Larcom Libraries, 9.30am.
- Scrapbook Fantasies, 10am-2pm, mixed media owl canvaspanel, 3.30pm scrapbooking.
- SUNfest go-karts, time 8.30am-3.30pm.
- SUNfest mini top hats and fascinators workshop, at Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum and Boyne Tannum Community Centre, 10am-12.30pm (Gladstone) and 1.30-4pm (Boyne).