Jham Bar voted Gladstone's most popular coffee spot
JHAM Bar was the clear winner on The Observer's recent Facebook post asking residents to vote for their favourite local coffee shop.
Owner Anthony Breed said the popularity was a result of good customer service and brand diversity.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
The first store was opened in July 2013 on Toolooa St, and is a takeaway coffee window that operates out of the Anthony Breed College of Music.
The new store, opened last month at Sun Valley, has fast become a Gladstone favourite.
It has indoor and outdoor seating, and a range of different cakes and slices as well as late-night Thursday "date nights" with live music.
"We have a lot of loyal customers and our staff's great," Mr Breed said.
"We've got a really good team of people and the brand is diversifying."
He said they served more than 300 coffees a day just at the Toolooa St premises.
One of the more bizarre coffee requests he's had at the cafe was "a half-strength decaf soy vanilla flat white".
"I'd like to thank Gladstone for their ongoing support," he said.
Top 10 coffee places:
- Jham Bar, Sun Valley. Open Mon-Fri 5am-5pm, Sat 5am-1pm and Sun 6am-9am.
- Elysian Coffee, a mobile coffee ute business. Pre-order or head out to the van.
- Blend, Garnet Rd, Tannum Sands. Open 6am-3pm, closed on Tuesdays.
- Gloria Jeans, at the NightOwl Centre, Mon-Fri 5am-5pm, Sat 7am-4pm, Sun 8am-4pm.
- MMmm Coffee, opposite USave inside NightOwl Centre, Mon-Fri 8am-4pm, Sat 8.30am-2.30pm.
- Chattin Cafe, 100 Goondoon St, Mon-Sat 7am-3pm.
- Annabelle's Coffee House, Calliope, Mon-Fri 5am-5pm, Sat 5am-2pm.
- Savour the Flavour, Tondoon Botanic Gardens, Mon-Sun 7am-4.30pm.
- Muffin Break, Gladstone Square, the valley.
- BJ's Cafe, Kirkwood Shopping Centre.