Coast toddler airlifted after suffering hot water burns
A SUNSHINE Coast toddler has been flown to hospital after suffering severe hot water burns yesterday.
An RACQ CareFlight Rescue spokesman said the 18-month-old toddler reached for a kettle in the kitchen of the family's Landsborough home, and was splashed with boiling water.
The accident is believed to have occurred about 5pm and she was airlifted from the local cricket oval by 5.30pm.
The toddler was treated by paramedics for burns to face and chest before being airlifted from the local cricket oval to the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane.
The little girl was transported with her mother by her side.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY