Emergency crews at the scene of the pool. Picture: 9 News
Emergency crews at the scene of the pool. Picture: 9 News

Nine kids exposed to chemical fumes

Children have been treated by paramedics after being exposed to fumes from a chemical spill at a Sydney pool.

Nine kids aged under six have been assessed for breathing difficulties following the incident at the Wollondilly Leisure Centre about 10.30am.

Several NSW Ambulance crews were called to the pool on Argyle Street in Picton where it was believed an incorrect chemical mixture led to the fumes being released.

Paramedics have arranged for observation of those who have pre-existing respiratory issues.

The indoor pool will remain closed until mid-afternoon as a precaution, while the outdoor pool, gym and foyer remain open.



Court orders Ports Corp hand over dredging diary

Premium Content Court orders Ports Corp hand over dredging diary

Staff at Gladstone Ports Corporation have been ordered to search their work sites...

THE BEST: Gladstone sport’s MVPs for 2020

Premium Content THE BEST: Gladstone sport’s MVPs for 2020

A tribute to the stars who shone brightest during the toughest of years.

‘Take it seriously’: Driver gets stern warning

Premium Content ‘Take it seriously’: Driver gets stern warning

Craig Anthony Hawkins ended up in court just one month after his previous...