EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 



Car crashes into pole in New Auckland

Premium Content Car crashes into pole in New Auckland

EMERGENCY services were called to New Auckland this morning after vehicle crashed...

MORNING REWIND: Top stories you may have missed

Premium Content MORNING REWIND: Top stories you may have missed

The biggest stories you may have missed yesterday, November 24.

How Gladstone Council’s net worth rose by $238m

Premium Content How Gladstone Council’s net worth rose by $238m

Council has liabilities of $156.2m, including a loan to the Queensland Treasury...