Gladstone man in court on child sex charges
A MAN who has pleaded guilty to one count of making child exploitation material and two counts of indecent treatment of a child under 12 had his case adjourned until October.
The move followed the Crown prosecutor objecting to the contents of a psychiatric report, in Gladstone District Court on Wednesday.
The offender, whose name has not been suppressed by the court, but who The Observer has not named to protect the identity of the child, was released on bail.
The case's schedule of facts state the man took eight indecent photos of a nine-year-old child, but he only admitted to taking one when interviewed by a Rockhampton psychiatrist for the report.
Crown prosecutor Clare Hurley said the report was not consistent to the facts which the man had pleaded guilty to previously.
"He's trying to minimise his criminality and is frustrating the course of justice," she said.
She said the defendant was lying to the doctor and said that if the doctor gave evidence he would need to be cross-examined.
Ms Hurley made submissions to the court against bail being granted.
Defence lawyer Jordan Ahlstrand said his client, who lives in Gladstone, had ties to the community, fully complied with bail conditions and had no criminal history.
Judge Brendan Butler increased the defendant's bail, which is subject to strict conditions.