Budget: What you get for $100 of rates money
GLADSTONE Regional Council has released a snapshot of what services ratepayers get for every $100 of their rates.
The council has released its 2015-16 budget this morning.
According to the snapshot, the most amount of funding goes to water and sewerage infrastructure and maintenance, followed by roads.
MORE BUDGET NEWS:
Running the council (customer service, administration) takes up a fair chunk of funds, followed by providing parks and playgrounds.
The councils says that for every $100 of rates, council delivers a range of services:
- $24.92: Roads, construction, maintenance, engineering, drainage, bridges and footpaths.
- $3.69: Arts, culture and libraries.
- $11.01: Parks, playgrounds and open space.
- $3.16: Planning, development assessment, regulatory services, environment, compliance and land use.
- $6.26: Wheelie bin collections and management of waste facilities.
- $4.93: Community wellbeing, sport and recreation, and aquatic facilities.
- $25.73: Water and sewerage infrastructure, maintenance and operations.
- $5.25: Property, fleet and facility management.
- $15.05: Customer service, administration, human resources, IT and safety.