Firefighters securing the building.
Firefighters securing the building.

BREAKING: Staff evacuated after fire in council chambers

 A FIRE on a stove in a staff kitchen has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.

Fire crews are on site and the blaze has been extinguished.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and staff are gathered outside the building until it's safe to return to work.

A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.
A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick. Jayden Brown


Gladstone Council records $2.7m operating deficit

Premium Content Gladstone Council records $2.7m operating deficit

The result was a stark contrast to the previous financial year which yielded a...

BREAKING: Teen charged over burglaries, vehicle thefts

Premium Content BREAKING: Teen charged over burglaries, vehicle thefts

The boy was arrested in relation to break-and-enters in the Kin Kora and New...

Gladstone Benaraby Rd cost blow-out denied

Premium Content Gladstone Benaraby Rd cost blow-out denied

During completion of the first package of works, additional safety upgrades were...