VIDEO: Fire breaks out at Gladstone takeaway food store
AN electrical fault in Silver Grill Food's air-conditioning system sparked the fire that travelled through the store's roof this afternoon, according to acting fire station officer Michael Weir.
JUST IN | ANZ branch at Tannum Sands to close
Mr Weir said firefighters arranged for the power to be cut and targeted the blaze inside the shop before it spread to the roof. Firefighters then climbed on the roof to extinguish the fire.
Mr Weir said the damage could have been a lot worse had it not been for the quick work of emergency crews.
A FIRE has broken out at Silver Grill Food, a takeaway store on Hanson Rd.
Firefighters are on top of the shop trying to put out the fire.
There is smoke on the inside but flames are no longer shooting from the roof.
Two fire units are on scene and police are directing traffic on Hanson Rd. It's not yet known how the fire started.
More to come