Fire crews 'prevent explosion' in Gladstone
A BOYNE Island fire crew was called to a gas leak in Gladstone's CBD at the Port Curtis Place Senior Citizens Centre.
Gladstone fire crews called on their neighbouring brigade as they fought to a house fire at Barney Point in what was a busy night for emergency service.
LATE LAST NIGHT |
Two fire engines and around 10 fire fighter were on the scene at Gladstone's CBD.
Boyne Island Station Officer Greg Chandler said fire services received an alert at about 8.30 this evening with a report that gas could be smelt in Gladstone's centre, just off Goondoon St.
He said fire crews found the hose running out of the gas cylinder was broken and fire crews worked to "prevent an explosion".
"The cylinder was isolated and crews eliminated an explosion from the cylinder," he said.
He said the leak is now sealed.