Boy charged over alleged Sydney Opera House bomb scare

A BOY has been charged after alleged threats made on social media led to the Sydney Opera House being evacuated last week.

Police learnt of the alleged threat about 10.50am on Thursday and searched the Opera House for a "suspicious object", clearing tourists and workers away from the landmark.

Officers also searched the Manly ferry wharf after being told the person responsible for the alleged threats may have been riding a ferry.

Neither search uncovered anything of interest.

Police arrested a 17-year-old boy yesterday morning and charged him with false representation resulting in a police investigation.

He is due to appear in Children's Court on February 23.



Police search for two people in Gladstone investigations

Premium Content Police search for two people in Gladstone investigations

Police are appealing to the public for information as they investigation two...

Millions for road upgrades across Flynn

Premium Content Millions for road upgrades across Flynn

Find out how much your local council has been allocated.

Patience needed on power investigation, says Energy Minister

Premium Content Patience needed on power investigation, says Energy Minister

‘Be patient’ about power station investigation, says Energy Minister