STORM chaser Jeff Higgins released a video forecasting "potential" flooding covering a massive area of Queensland's central coast, including Gladstone.
In the video, he warns that areas from Hervey Bay in the south to Bowen in the north and out to Emerald in the west are under threat of going under.
He said that while many areas can expect at least 50mm to 100mm of rain each day until Saturday, some can expect a deluge of 300mm in a single day.
BOM issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Gladstone just after 4pm today, adding that it's likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall.
They warn that Gladstone could face some flash flooding over the next couple of hours.
Other towns and cities mentioned in the warning include Biloela, Blackwater, Yeppoon, Springsure, Rockhampton and Bundaberg.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
More to come ...