The Bachelor winner: Stop asking why we broke up
THE Bachelor's jilted "winner" Sam Frost has told fans on social media to stop asking for details on today's high profile break up, saying it was Blake Garvey's decision and she remains "in the dark".
Sam's online missive follows confirmation from Ten that the pair had broken up following The Bachelor's finale, which aired overnight.
Blake proposed to Sam on last night's episode but rumours about trouble in paradise had been rife after Ten announced there would be no post-finale interviews.
People need to stop asking why we broke up. Trust me, I'm just as in the dark as you all are.. Blake is the one calling all the shots here.— Sam Frost (@fro_001) October 3, 2014
The Bachelor and Sam have split, Ten confirms
GRAB that box of tissues, the romance is over and The Bachelor remains unhitched.
More than 2 million Australians watch Blake Garvey propose to Victorian Sam Frost on the series finale last night, but rumours swirled once Channel 10 cancelled all post-episode interviews with Blake, Sam and other contestants.
Now the station has confirmed what we all suspected -- it's over.
According to a statement from Ten, the pair "wanted different things" after returning from South Africa.
The full statement:
"Network Ten can confirm that Blake and Sam have sadly ended their engagement.
When Blake proposed to Sam in South Africa, he did so because he had genuinely fallen in love with her.
"He was excited to start a life with Sam and was very much looking forward to their future together," a Network Ten spokesperson said.
"Unfortunately, not all relationships are meant to be, and feelings invariably change.
"Once Blake returned to his everyday life, he realised that they both wanted different things from a relationship and had different priorities.
"Blake has the greatest love and respect for Sam, but has made the difficult decision to end the relationship."
I'm not pregnant: The Bachelor star Lisa Hyde speaks out
FOLLOWING rumours The Bachelor runner-up Lisa Hyde might be pregnant, she has taken to Instagram to confirm she is not.
"Wow what an incredible journey that was! Thank you everyone for all your love and support. I can confirm the rumor and I am definitely not pregnant with Blakes baby... Lol I wish Sam and Blake all the best in the next chapter of their lives," she said in the post.
EARLIER: The rumour mill is in overdrive after Channel 10 cancelled all the post-finale interviews for The Bachelor after Blake Garvey's dramatic proposal to Sam Frost aired overnight.
This could be the reason why.
Melbourne radio station Mix 101.1 has reported this morning that an "anonymous producer" text messaged the station to explain why the relationship between The Bachelor and show winner Sam has been so quickly torn asunder.
According to the station:
Well, Sam has been watching the final episodes, and she said she felt betrayed that he had said the same things to the other girls in the lead up to choosing her…
It seems the two only broke up recently as in this Instagram post from three weeks ago, Sam is still seen to be wearing the engagement ring…
A caller phoned in to say the two broke up on
The radio station also quoted "runner-up Lisa's friend's boyfriend" -- clearly the most reliable source -- as saying the Coolum beauty and Blake the Bachelor are now back in contact.
More fuel was poured on the fire after eagle-eyed viewers noticed Sam had posted a selfie on Instagram showing her naked ring finger a couple of days ago.
Of course, if she had posted the image with a ring it would have ruined the surprise of last night's finale.
Showbiz commentator Peter Ford fueled rumours overnight posting speculation on twitter.
Channel 10 is expected to release a statement this morning.
The reality TV bombshell set to rock Australia.It was meant to be about potential wedding bells not nappies. Tomorrow @2dayFMbreakfast— Peter Ford (@mrpford) October 2, 2014
The Bachelor puts a ring on it: Sam gets fairytale proposal
MELBOURNE beauty Sam Frost won The Bachelor's heart and a marriage proposal on the reality dating show's finale tonight.
Perth real estate auctioneer Blake Garvey declared his love for the 25-year-old, choosing her over Queensland bachelorette Lisa Hyde.
"I've never been more sure of anything, ever," Garvey said after getting down on bended knee.
"I have no doubts in my mind; you are the one for me."
"It feels like a modern fairytale," Frost said.
In the 90-minute episode the prospective partners met Garvey's mum and aunt before he took the women on two final, extravagant South African dates.
While Hyde was clearly heartbroken after finally telling Garvey she loved him, the 27-year-old had prepared herself for the worst.
"I honestly do not regret one thing," Hyde told APN.
"I said to the whole production team I would do it over and over again. The crew were all so lovely and they really made the experience so much easier for us girls.
"I didn't front up to get a ticket to love. It was a journey to potentially find love with someone. You've got to be open-minded."
Garvey called Hyde a "kindred spirit" with whom he felt "more in sync with, maybe than anyone".
So is it happily ever after for Garvey and Frost? No one knows as the couple has yet to make any public appearances or do any media interviews.
Last year's inaugural Bachelor Tim Robards and winner Anna Heinrich have set a promising precedent. They are still shacked up together in Sydney and recently celebrated their one-year anniversary.