ON A good day, Benjamin Jessen's infectious giggle and cheeky smile makes it hard to believe he is a cancer patient.
It's what gets his family through the bad days.
Since his diagnosis in August, their lives have become a blur of hospitals, doctors, appointments and treatment plans.
His mother, Renee, said she coped with Ben's illness by taking every day as it came.
"We deal with it as best we can," she said.
"We take turns living in the hospital and still try to maintain as much normality in our lives as possible."
But the loss of income on top of travel and medical expenses is starting to take its toll on the Jessen family.
After watching her friends struggle for months, Michelle Koorn decided it was time to step in.
The owner of the Koorawatha Homestead Motel, Bororen, has joined with another friend, Jude Maree, to organise a Facebook auction to raise money for Ben's parents, Renee and Richard.
"It's hard enough watching an adult go through (cancer treatment), let alone a child," Mrs Koorn said.
"How much is enough for this gorgeous little man?"
Mrs Koorn said she'd had a huge response since putting the word out last Friday.
Ben was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in August.
After numerous lumbar punctures, bone marrow aspirations and chemotherapy, Ben was declared in remission at the end of September but will receive treatment for at least three more years.
He is in the "interim maintenance" stage of treatment, receiving chemotherapy every 10 days. On December 16 he will begin stage three - an array of chemotherapy treatments over four weeks.
The first week-long Facebook auction will begin on November 30. The final bidder at the end of the week will win.
Those interested in donating should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the Facebook page for more information.
- Hour photo shoot from JustaMumento Photography
- BBQ Boat Hire from LAHB
- LARC 2 Adult afternoon cruise
- 5 x JayMar photo shoots
- Subway Vouchers from Sarah Irwin
- Janine McMahon 2x First aid training sessions
- Capricorn Caves Family Voucher
- Avante Garde Make up session From Georgia Rae Fraser
- Diego 3 wheel rechargable Scooter Diane Freedman
- 4 x $45 Patty Cake Patty Cake Vouchers thanks to Deb Finemore
- 2 x photo shoots with Emorelia Photography
- China serving platter
- Makeup session with MizHitch Mobile Makeup
- Metal wall hanging
- Painting by a local artist
- Wireless mouse
- Hair for Hunnies donated a voucher
*As this is a charity auction items are subject to change*