Bendigo Bank presents 13 community groups with cheques
THE Calliope and District Community Bendigo Bank celebrated its sixth birthday this month.
Instead of bringing presents, the guests were given cheques.
The Country Women's Association was presented with a cheque for more than $50,000 - the biggest recipient from the past two rounds.
The CWA was one of 13 community groups given a present on the day.
Robbie Williams, chairman of Calliope and District Enterprises Ltd, which owns the branch, said the birthday party gave the bank a chance to show its support for the community - the bank's objective.
"It brings the community together and provides much-needed facilities, which would otherwise not be available," he said.
Who got what?
- Gladstone Central State School - $1000
- Gladstone Country Musical Club - $2800
- Boyne Valley Discovery Centre - $950
- Mt Larcom Show Society - $36,975
- Calliope Garden Club - $2453
- CQ Motor Sports - $28,500
- Country Women's Association - $50,455
- Calliope Rodeo Association - $29,000 ($28,500 + $500)
- Calliope Central Bowls Club - $15,000
- Calliope Central Bowls Club Ladies - $1000
- Calliope Central Bowls Club Juniors - $2000
- Clinton Football Club - $5000
- Calliope Catwalk - $1000