Support for Gladstone arts projects in latest funding round
PROJECTS including Music, Visual Arts, Dance and Heritage are among 10 recipients in the latest grant round, announced by Cr Ren Lanzon, Gladstone Region Regional Arts Development Fund chairperson.
Projects to receive funding are:
- Terri Hartung, Building Community Cultural Capacity in Music, during the Songvine Community Choir project;
- Helen Crandall, Developing Regional Skills in Visual Arts, attending Sydney Summer School - Ceramics;
- Hayley Marsten, Developing Regional Skills in Music, attending Tamworth Country Music workshops;
- Gladstone Festival & Events, Building Community Cultural Capacity in Music & Dance, hosting Youth Popping & Locking Dance and DJ workshops, during SUNfest 2016
- Miriam Vale Community Hub, Building Community Cultural Capacity in Heritage, hosting museum development opportunity with Queensland Museum;
- Gladstone Gem, Rock and Mineral Club, Building Community Cultural Capacity in Craft, hosting Gemstone Faceting workshop;
- Imaginary Theatre, Concept Development in Theatre, for artists in schools program with Year of Light theme;
- Natisha Strudwick, Conspire Isis Theatre, Regional Partnerships in Theatre, creating an original musical, working with youth cast and crew;
- Calliope Christmas Carols, Building Community Cultural Capacity in Festivals, hosting Sound workshops and
- Luke Graham, Concept Development in Film, researching a film based on a boxer from a small town
Artist windows public art project
Fifteen local artists are working towards an exciting Pop Up Public Art program during Gladstone Regional Council's Artist Windows project.
With an International Year of Light and Light Based Technologies theme, the selected artworks are scheduled to be installed during the first two weeks of December and will be on display until Sunday, January 31.
Artist Windows is supported by the Gladstone Region Regional Arts Development (RADF), a Queensland Government and Gladstone Regional Council partnership project to support local arts and culture. For further information, phone 4976 6766, email email@example.com.