Developers pledge Agnes beach access

By CHRIS LYNCHchrisl@gladstoneobserver.com.au

DEVELOPERS at a site near Agnes Water have allayed fears by promising not to restrict access to the beach.

Mijo developments spokeswoman Yael Bradbury said rumours circulating in the township were "completely false''.

"It will remain the same it is today and we will improve it,'' she said.

"We're widening the path so there will be better access for people and emergency vehicles.''

Ms Bradbury said Mijo had also applied to council to build a public walkway.

"It will go from Agnes main beach around the corner to the headland lookout and to Workman's Beach,'' she said.

"We have taken it upon ourselves to make a legally binding document with council that says the public will always have access to Agnes Water Beach.

"Everyone will be able to enjoy the surf, sand and views as is.''

She said that people had been "misinformed'' and invited anyone to come to her office to view a model of the development.

"I've got an office at the caravan park that's got a model so that people can come down and look at what we're proposing,'' she said.

"We have already had a lot of positive feedback.

''Miriam Vale Shire Council chief executive officer Greg Powell said Mijo had proposed a mix of retail and residential spaces on the site.

"It's three storeys in height with slightly in excess of 100 units and 2500sq m of retail space,'' he said. There will be no restricted access to the public.



GALLERY: Vietnam Veterans Day service at ANZAC Park

GALLERY: Vietnam Veterans Day service at ANZAC Park

The day is gaining popularity with the public.

FULL LIST: Botanic to Bridge road closures

FULL LIST: Botanic to Bridge road closures

All you need to know and roads to avoid on Sunday morning.

“Serious concerns” for missing 80-year-old

“Serious concerns” for missing 80-year-old

AN 80-year-old man has been reported missing on the Gold Coast after travelling...

Local Partners