Decision to be made soon on drive-in land



A DECISION on whether or not Gladstone's drive-in movie theatre will become residential land will be made at Tuesday's Gladstone City Council meeting.

A development application has been submitted to the council for a 47-lot residential subdivision on the drive-in site on Boles Street.

Gladstone City Council planning manager Andrew Kearns said there had been some community opposition to the plans.

'We received five submissions. Most of them were opposing it (the development application) and some were suggesting requirements of the development,' Mr Kearns said.

Mr Kearns said the major-ity of submissions were received at the end of the public notification period, after a story had run in The Observer informing the community of the application.

Mr Kearns said there had also been an application for land around the drive-in to be used as residential divisions, which was currently before the state government.



Calliope man Ben Wriede wins Botanic to Bridge by 18 seconds

Calliope man Ben Wriede wins Botanic to Bridge by 18 seconds

Open Male and Female 8km winners cross the line with time to spare.

PAY FREEZE: Council's second offer after workers reject plan

PAY FREEZE: Council's second offer after workers reject plan

Council has been challenged to address years of wage freezes

Local Partners