Coffee Club blaze a timely warning



A FIRE at Gladstone's Coffee Club this week left the owner worried and firies warning residents to take care over the holiday break.

Early Thursday morning a fire started in an industrial bin outside the Coffee Club at the NightOwl Centre.

Gladstone Fire and Rescue said the fire started in the dumpster about 3.20am and caused damage to the outside wall.

The fire also shattered an exterior window of the business toilets.

Coffee Club manager Salesh Ramswarup was concerned the damage could have been worse.

"It could have burned the whole building down,'' Mr Ramswarup said.

The Coffee Club fire was still being investigated.

Gladstone Fire and Rescue Station officer Harry Tattersall said people could protect themselves against fire around the home.

"Around the home make sure things are turned off at the power source before going to bed,'' Mr Tattersall said.

"In this day and age with all the heat, we've got make sure air conditioner filters are clean as otherwise they work harder.''

Mr Tattersall said the over load on electrical equipment in summer could lead to fires.



Man suffers neck, head injuries at National Park

Man suffers neck, head injuries at National Park

Emergency services are on the scene.

Hub4Learners helping new drivers to go the extra mile

Hub4Learners helping new drivers to go the extra mile

I had a long-term plan to become a driving instructor.

Northern Oil in Australian-first hydrogen production project

Northern Oil in Australian-first hydrogen production project

Company announces game changing deal.

Local Partners