Bold action saves home
By LEE McIVORlmcivor@gladstoneobserver.dyndns.org
"MY neighbour is a legend,'' according to Paul Klease.
"In fact I am going to have to buy him some beers.''
It was quick thinking on the part of neighbour Ian Peever which saved the Klease house from burning to the ground in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Fire ravaged the laundry and hallway of the Klease house in Pryde Street, Tannum Sands after an iron was thought to have been left on overnight.
Mr Peever was alerted that something was wrong when the Kleases' dog Ali started barking his head off, closely followed by the smoke alarms going off.
When he went outside to have a look, Mr Peever saw some neighbours outside on their mobile phones.
"That was enough for me to come and check out what was going on,'' he said.
Mr Peever raced over to the house while neighbours called the police.
"I thought to get the dog out so he could calm down, and as I was going round the side of the house I noticed the smoke and flames.''
Continues page 4