Menu
News

Air-conditioning sparks unit fire

AN air-conditioning unit ignited a small fire at a property on Amaroo Close in Glen Eden late on Saturday afternoon.

The blaze, which was contained to the unit itself, was extinguished upon the arrival of the Gladstone Fire Brigade.

A spokesperson from Ergon Energy urged residents to monitor and check all air-conditioning units for safety hazards.

The spokesperson said regular and thorough cleaning was imperative in minimising risks in the home.

In other police news, officers are investigating CCTV footage at Boyne Island McDonalds following a complaint of vandalism, believed to have occurred on Saturday night.

Damages are yet to be calculated by police.

Topics:  emergency fire gladstone qfes



A centuries-old mystery is re-imagined by novelist

FACT OR FICTION?: Trevor Tucker contends it's possible Portuguese sailors stopped at 1770 in the 1500s to access fresh water.

Former Gladstone resident questions official history.

Veterans enjoy a bit of a splash in the Boyne River

IT'S OAR-RIGHT: Leif Morris, Josh Campbell, Justin Devrell and Ronny Phelps were all part of the Boyne Tannum RSL's morning paddle.

A morning canoe trip provides an opportunity to engage.

Festival goers feel the opposite of blue

GOOD VIBES: Alyssa Chatfield and Rahina Karora enjoying the festival.

Agnes blues fest pulls in significantly bigger crowds than last year

Local Partners