PHOTOS: Rubbish, fire left on Agnes Water main beach

A DANGEROUS scene was left behind at the Agnes Water main beach including scorching hot coals, plastic wrappers and leftover food this week.

Agnes Water resident of four years Matt Fernleigh said he was disgusted when he saw the mess when he went to the beach to check the surf at 5am.

His disgust turned to concern when he realised the coals were still at a lethal temperature.

"What annoyed me was the lack of respect with the rubbish and the fire was left unattended and still burning," he said.

This year two children have had their holidays ruined when they walked on hot coals that were covered by sand.

Related:

>> UPDATE: Troyden up and walking after skin graft surgery

>> Another toddler burns feet on coals after NYE party

>> LETTER: Ones who left fire should pay for toddlers' medical bill

Mr Fernleigh was at the beach with his son.

"After putting 80-100ltrs of water on it to put it out it was evident that the fire would have remained hot for a long time.

"The beach was quite busy with lots of kids of course. My 6yr old son was down there too in the morning and it would have been really disappointing to see kids or anyone else for that matter burned by walking through the coals."

Mr Fernleigh said he heard many locals find coals on the beach after a fire at night.



GALLERY: Botanic to Bridge runners sweat it out

GALLERY: Botanic to Bridge runners sweat it out

The best photos from the Botantic to Bridge 2018

LAND SALES: Gladstone builder busy as land sales improve

LAND SALES: Gladstone builder busy as land sales improve

GLADSTONE builder, Tenheggler Homes is reaping the benefits

Mum's second chance to avoid 'spiralling out of control'

Mum's second chance to avoid 'spiralling out of control'

The Gladstone woman was involved in two fuel drive-offs.

Local Partners