Plenty of bargains on garage sale trail
SAM Sullivan is one of about 20 people looking to get rid of some junk this weekend.
A special garage sale blitz is on this weekend so there will be plenty of bargains on offer.
"It would be nice to make some money," Mrs Sullivan said.
"We are moving back to New Zealand and have three years of stuff to get rid of."
She said she was nervous about buyers though.
"I heard there's a problem with people banging on your door at 6am. I won't be up then," she said.
"I'm putting balloons up and if children turn up thinking it's a party, I will have to send them away disappointed."
Nathan Wintour and his partner will be out scavenging today. It's his Saturday ritual.
"We like getting out of the house early in the morning," he said. "We get breakfast. Grab the paper and find all the garage sales and go see what's out there."
Mr Wintour works at JJ Richards and knows all about people's rubbish.
"One person's rubbish is another person's treasure. It's always interesting to see what's out there," he said.
"Being a garbo for so many years, I know the town so well and know where the best routes are.
"A decent order is important so you're not ping ponging around town to do them all."
Mr Wintour said there are usually eight garage sales on a usual weekend, so he expects more people to be out hunting this weekend.
WHERE THE SALES ARE AT
- 15 Koowin Dr, Kirkwood - 7am
- 70 Auckland St, Gladstone - 7am
- 21 Yaralla St, Barney Point - 7.30am
- 24 Sanctuary Pl, South Gladstone - 9am
- 8 Buckingham Crt, Telina - 7am
- 50 J Hickey Ave, Clinton - 7am
- 14 Nicholas St, Glen Eden - 9am
- 9 Fitzroy Ave, Clinton - 6am
- 39 Lighthouse Dr, Boyne Island - 6am
- 13 Hawkesbury Rd, Calliope - 6am
- 30 Katherine Rd, Calliope - 8am
- 2 Bloomfield St, Calliope - 8am
- 6 Reinaerhoff Cresc, Glen Eden - 6am
- 29 Pine Ave, West Gladstone - 7am
- 25, Archer St, Sunvalley - 6am
- 1 Beacon Ave, Boyne Island - 7am
- 10 Ann St, South Gladstone - 7am (Sunday)
- Tarcoola Dr, Boyne Island - 8am