WE'VE compiled a light-hearted list of reasons why Gladstone is a better place to live than Rockhampton.
Journalist Ebony Battersby found there is a lot of friendly inter-city rivalry still in play.
Here are some of the reasons. Do you have more?
1. Gladstone is not littered with ugly bulls.
2. We don't have an equivalent to the Fitzroy River. Instead, the delightful Auckland Creek is a perfect spot for a Sunday session (and it doesn't flood).
3. There are lookouts all over Gladstone.
4. Tannum Sands beach is better than Yeppoon, and nearer.
5. We have a Ribs N Rumps.
6. You choose: GECC or Pilbeam Theatre?
7. Lake Awoonga.
8. Gladstone is on the coast, so island hopping is more accessible.
9. Heron Island is better than Great Keppel Island (and it's functional).
10. Superb fishing in Gladstone and surrounding offshore locations.
11. Gladstone was good enough for Hilltop Hoods on their latest tour.
12. We are closer to Brisbane.
13 . Our temperatures are cooler, like the people.
14. We have two strip clubs.
1 5. We have five McDonald's.
16 . A stone is better than a rock on any day.
17. Less crime, no brawls.
18. Sunsets are better in Gladdy.
19. Gladstone boasts better politicians.
20. Hotter and richer blokes in our town.
21. We have bigger ships.
22. We have a better newspaper!
2 3. We nurse Rosslyn Bay turtles back to health at Quoin Island Turtle Rehabilitation Centre.
24. We have better community spirit.
25. Still small enough to say hello to strangers walking down the street.
26. We float the state's economy.
27. The largest captive wombat population in Australia.
28. We are the site of the largest infrastructure project in Australia.
29. Campbell Newman recommended Barack Obama visit Gladstone, and - in a less direct manner - to stay away from Rockhampton.
30. Agnes Water and the Town of Seventeen Seventy are in our jurisdiction.
31. Dugongs continue to prefer the Gladstone region.
32. There is modern architecture in Gladstone. We aren't living in the past.
33. People flock to our markets from two hours away; even vendors from Rocky prefer our markets.
34. We'll take the marina parkland and Spinnaker Park over the riverside and Kershaw Gardens any time.
35. CQU Gladstone campus is located on the water, not in the bush.
36. We send all of our criminals away to the Rockhampton region.
37. Blackman's Gap speaks for itself.
38. NRL competition is better in Gladdy because of the boys on Curtis Island.
39. Our harbour festival is better than anything Rocky puts on.
40. Our fish have red spots.
41. Have you driven on that road to Rockhampton?
42. Rocky's got nothing like East Shores.
43. Gladstone has had fewer serial killers.
44. We are closer to the wonderful Boyne Valley.
45. Agnes Blues Roots and Rock Festival speaks for itself.
46. Queensland Music Festival chose Gladstone in preference to Rockhampton for Boomtown.
47. Queensland Rugby Union and Queensland Hockey both have junior development officers in Gladstone.
48. The Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race stops at Gladstone for a good reason.
49. Ferguson Park hosts camel races; Callaghan does not.
50. It's not Rockhampton.