Gladstone's best businesses recognised for efforts
AN ONLINE training company was named Best in Business this year.
Overall, Calliope made a name for itself.
Awards were presented to the Bendigo Bank, Limestone Clothing, Calliope News businesses and the non-profit Calliope Rodeo group.
The fourth annual Best in Business awards were presented by The Observer and Westpac, with the deciding votes cast by customers.
Narbil Training owner John Guinea, who won the Best Trades/Services, Best Individual and Best Business awards for 2013, said he was humbled to receive the accolades.
"We're just a small family business going through the ups and downs of any business," he said.
"But I couldn't do it without my staff.
"That's why I'm here."
Limestone Clothing owner Desley O'Grady, whose business won Best in Fashion/Accessories, couldn't attend the awards.
Her thanks came courtesy of daughter Regan using video conferencing.
"I'm lost for words on the other side of the country," Desley said via phone.
Community support was strong, with a win for Best Non-Profit for the Calliope Rodeo group.
In just five weeks, the group pulled together the Bulls and Bands flood appeal fundraiser.
This raised $80,000 for the community.
- Accommodation/Resorts: Sandcastles Agnes Water
- Animal Health Services: Harbour City Vets
- Beauty: Trace of Beauty
- Builders: Peter Harris Homes
- Cafes/Takeaway: Coffee Club Tannum Sands
- Fashion/Accessories: Limestone Clothing
- Finance and Banking: Bendigo Bank Calliope
- Fishing/Boating/Outdoors: BCF
- Health/Fitness: Hub Fitness
- Furnishing/Appliances: Voodoo Homewares
- Industry: Waterson Diesel
- Manufacturing/Fabrication: The Shed Company
- Newsagencies: Park Street News
- Not for profit: Calliope Rodeo
- Pharmacy: Chemist Warehouse
- Professional Services: Fanelli Dental
- Pubs/Clubs/Hotels: QRI
- Real Estate: Elders Gladstone
- Restaurant: Rocksalt
- Retail: Limestone Clothing
- Trades/Services: Narbil Training
- Travel: Jetset Travel
- Vehicle Sales/Services: Sam's Garage