10 things every Game of Thrones fan should know
WE love Game of Thrones and you most likely do too considering it's one of the most popular TV shows ever.
Here's a few things you should already know before the show returns to our screens on April 13. Warning may contain spoilers!
1. Game of Thrones Series 5 is based on A Feast For Crows (book four) and A Dance With Dragons (book five).
2. Production began on season five in Belfast and Northern Ireland in July last year.
But of possibly more interest is the shooting around Spain's province of Seville, which pundits believe will be the country of Dorne - the final unseen part of the Seven Kingdoms.
3. Daenerys Targaryan and her dragons are set to play a bigger part in Series 5, and this season also will be the first to include other characters as part of flashbacks.
4. Arya (Maisie Williams) and Sansa (Sophie Turner) are good friends in real life, as are Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) and Cersei (Lena Headey). Yay!
5. Bran's 13-year-old companion Jojen Reed (Thomas Brodie-Sangster) is the kid from Love Actually who is hopelessly in love with his American classmate.
6. Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen) is the little brother of singer Lily Allen. Whaaaa??? Mind blown...
7. The Wall - the 210m high wall of solid ice that protects the Seven Kingdoms - was inspired by Roman Britain's Hadrian Wall.
8. Sansa Stark's direwolf Lady is now Sophie Turner's dog in real life.
9. Arya Stark recites her "kill" list - a list of people she wants killed - before she falls asleep each night.
Most of the characters appear on the list in the books and on the show. Some of the hated characters are now dead.Tywin Lannister and Melisandre are only mentioned on her list in the show.The Hound was removed from her list once he and Arya became friends.
10. The Language Creation Society was asked to put together the Dothraki language.
Linguist David Peterson created 2000 words before being given the first season's scripts.