Terms and Conditions: The Observer – New Year, New Yard
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants must be 18 years and over to be eligible to enter this competition. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter this competition.
The Promoter is Gladstone Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680. ABN 25 009 781 891.
- Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form, published in The Observer, between Saturday January 2, 2016 and Friday January 29, 2016.
The entry form must be original newsprint.
No photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted.
Place the fully completed entry form in an envelope marked The Observer – New Year, New Yard; then
- Send to: PO Box 351, Gladstone Qld 4680; or
- Deliver to: 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680;
- Contestants can enter more than once, however there is only one (1) prize.
- One (1) original entry form per standard envelope.
- One (1) $1,000.00 Bunnings Voucher to redeem at any Bunnings store in Gladstone (inclusive of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of the prize in this competition is $1,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 6:00am (AEST) Saturday January 2, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday January 29, 2016 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed invalid.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners will be selected by random draw at The Observer office, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680 at 10:00am on Monday February 1, 2016. Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winners will be published in The Observer Public Notices on Tuesday February 2, 2016.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person from The Observer office unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.