Terms and Conditions
APN Australian Regional Media – Bill Busters Bingo
- These terms and conditions relate to the Bill Busters Bingo (Competition).
- The promoter of the Competition is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 (ABN 21 009 657 943), telephone number (07) 3327 3304 (Promoter). Competition authorised under Permit NSW/LTPS/16/04360.
- By entering the Bill Busters Bingo Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must live within the Newspaper distribution area they are entering through and register their details on their Newspaper website (listed at clause 19).
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years and over to be eligible.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Contestants acknowledge that their entry information will be shared with Salmat Digital for the express purpose of drawing the winners of the Bingo Weekly Game Card component of the competition. Contestant information will not be used for any other purpose by Salmat Digital.
- Contestants must collect their Bingo Game Card from their local newspaper (listing at clause 12) and from their local community papers, as well as Bingo Playing Clubs and Newsagents. The cards will be available on the following dates:
Week 1 – Saturday July 9, 2016
- 1st 4 week game card insert into Free Community papers, Friday’s Daily paper and Saturday’s Daily Paper.
Week 2 – Saturday July 16, 2016
- 2nd 3 week bonus game card insert (with week 1 crossed off) into APN free Community papers, Friday’s Daily paper and Saturday’s Daily paper.
- Bingo numbers will be published in each daily newspaper Monday to Saturday (Daily Papers).
- If a contestant gets “Bingo”, they must register their details on the 1900 number provided on their bingo card.
- Contestants can only register to go into the draw by calling the 1900 number on their Bingo Card.
- Each week’s “Bingo” one (1) registered player from each Newspaper Publication Site will be chosen at random as the winner for that week.
- Each week is considered a separate competition, with contestants able to get “Bingo” each week to register for that week’s draw.
- Bingo Cards will be available from July 9, 2016.
- The cost of registering their details is the responsibility of the Contestant.
- The cost of 1900 number registration will not exceed 0.55 cents (inclusive of GST).
- Entries which contain any incorrect personal information or contact details of the Contestant will be deemed invalid entries and will not be eligible.
- Each entry registered entitles the contestant to one (1) eligible entry into the Competition.
Newspaper Website entry point
1900 950 034
1900 950 035
Fraser Coast Chronicle
1900 950 041
1900 950 032
1900 950 036
1900 950 040
Queensland Times (QT)
1900 950 042
1900 950 031
1900 950 033
The Morning Bulletin
1900 950 037
Sunshine Coast Daily
1900 950 038
1900 950 039
Warwick Daily News
- The competition commences at 12:01am Saturday July 9, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm Friday August 5, 2016.
Contestants must be 18 years and over and an Australian resident. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this Competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
TAXES AND DELIVERY COSTS
- Any taxes and delivery costs which may be payable as a consequence of the Contestant winning a prize and/or taking part in the Competition (other than specified) is the sole responsibility of that Contestant.
- Individual Contestants should seek advice from a suitably qualified tax professional about the applicable tax implications for them.
- There one (1) prize per newspaper publication per week (Listing at Clause 19).
Week 1 – 4 Prizes – each newspaper publication will have one (1) winner who will each win the following prize for that week’s draw:
- Week 1 - $1000 in Fuel Vouchers
- Week 2 - $1000 cash Debit Card
- Week 3 - $1000 in Flight Centre Vouchers
- Week 4 - $1500 in Grocery Vouchers.
- Prizes may be subject to Terms and Conditions imposed on Fuel Vouchers, Cash Cards, Flight Centre Vouchers and Grocery Vouchers as applicable.
Second Chance Draw
- There is one (1) winner selected by random draw from all players who have registered. This winner will win:
- A $5,000 Cruise Express travel voucher (inclusive of GST).
- The Cruise Express travel voucher is valid for 12 months from date of issue and is not redeemable for cash.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $59,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for another prize.
- Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed as cash.
- In each case, winners will be published in print in the following daily publications each Wednesday throughout the promotion commencing Wednesday July 6, 2016 with last publication of winners Wednesday July 27, 2016.
- Daily Mercury The Morning Bulletin
- The Observer Fraser Coast Chronicle
- NewsMail Gympie Times
- The Chronicle Sunshine Coast Daily
- Warwick Daily News Northern Star
- The Daily Examiner QT (Queensland Times)
- Weekly winners will be drawn each Monday at 9:30am (AEST) at Salmat Digital, Level 3, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on 18/07/2016, 25/07/2016, 01/08/2016, with last draw Monday 08/08/2016.
- The Second Chance Draw will take place at Yandina Print Site, 54 Pioneer Road Yandina, QLD 4561 on Wednesday August 10, 2016 at 11:00am (AEST). The winner will be chosen by electronic random draw.
- Upon validation and verification of entry, the winner will be contacted by telephone.
- The Judges decision of these proceedings is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All winners must present their original winning bingo card at the Newspaper site they entered through in their area to collect their prize.
- Government issued ID is required to confirm the winner and their residence.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days from initial draw will be redrawn (clause 38/39).
- It is the responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days from initial draw will be redrawn by random draw.
- Prize redraw will be held at Yandina Print Site, 54 Pioneer Road, Yandina Qld 4561 at 11:00am (AEST) Wednesday October 26, 2016. Redraw winners will, be contacted by telephone and in writing within two (2) days of the redraw.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish the Contestant’s name, photographs and likeness.
- All Contestants must make themselves available for photographs if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to use those photographs for publicity in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestants.
- It is the Contestant’s responsibility to advise the Promoter of any change of personal details and contact details by providing written notice to the Promoter at the above address specified in clause 2. The Promoter bears no responsibility for incorrect personal or contact details which results in individual Contestants being exempt from participating in the Competition due to incorrect details when registering their details via the SMS System.
- Printing of Bingo Cards will be undertaken by Winprint International Pty Ltd, U1/616 Marion Road, Parkholme SA 5043 ABN 32 084 311 562 on behalf of the Promoter. Printing and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honored. Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- SMS Facilities provided on behalf of the Promoter by Salmat Digital, Level 2, 116 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060. Calls cost $0.55 (inclusive of GST), more for mobiles.
- In the event, any contestant has difficulties with using or registering with the 1900 numbers provided, they can call the Salmat Digital Help Desk on 1300 131 276.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by a Contestant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomprehensible or incorrect entries in the Promotion Period.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or (without limitation) any other event outside the Promoter’s reasonable control that would reasonably prevent the Competition from occurring, the Promoter is entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to written direction from any relevant regulatory authority.
- If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion to disqualify any Contestant who tampers with the Competition, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to written direction from any relevant regulatory authority.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition or the awarding of a prize, the decision of the Judges and the decision of the Promoter will be final in relation to all other matters relating to the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Contestants release the Promoter and their related bodies from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the Promoter or the Competition.
- In the event of any third party, other than the Promoter, cancelling any event or failing to provide any goods or services relating to the Competition, the Promoter cannot be held responsible.
- The winners each agree to participate in any news and other media activities surrounding the Competition (e.g. interview and photo for pages of the Promoter’s website and/or newspapers).
ENTRIES AND PRIVACY:
- To facilitate the Contestant’s participation in the Competition, the Promoter may disclose the Contestant’s personal information to other companies associated with the Competition.
- All Contestants’ information (including personal information) that is supplied to, or acquired by, the Promoter becomes and remains the property of the Promoter.