Terms and Conditions: The Observer – 2015 Best in Business awards
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant competition instructions on the Promoter’s website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Method of entry: Readers must obtain and complete the nomination form to nominate their favourite business. Nomination forms are published in The Observer each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday between Monday August 24, 2015 and Friday October 17, 2015.
- Nominators can nominate more than one (1) business in a single category on one (1) nomination form, however each nomination form must be for one (1) category only.
- Nominations, once completed must be placed in an envelope marked The Observer – 2015 Best in Business Awards, then:
- Send to; PO Box 351, Gladstone, Qld 4680; or
- Deliver to: 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680.
- One original nomination form per standard envelope.
Categories for Nomination:
GAPDL Categories in Tourism: Accommodation, Resorts, Restaurants, Cafes', Tourism Attractions, Travel.
General Business Categories:
Health Services Beauty Services
Trades & Services/Builders Fashion, Jewellery & Accessories
Finance & Banking Fishing & Outdoors
Fitness Furnishing & Décor
Industry – Manufacturing & Fabrication
Not for Profit – Community Not for Profit – Clubs
Professional Services Pubs & Hotels
Real Estate – includes Agents & Agencies Vehicle Sales & Service
Bikes & Accessories Retail
New Business under 2 years
Young Business Person under 35 yrs. of age.
Best Individual Service
2. Competition duration: Nominations commences at 6:00am Monday August 24, 2015 and close at 6:00am Monday October 19, 2015. Nominations received after the closing time/date will be deemed as invalid.
3. Prizes: All nominated businesses will receive a Certificate.
Prizes for the nominated business winners are:
- Overall Winner: Receives a framed certificate and a trophy valued at $110.00 (inclusive of GST).
One (1) weekday full page ad and a write up about their Business/Company, valued at $4,846.25 (inclusive of GST).
- All other winners from each category will receive: One (1) framed certificate and a trophy valued at $90.00 each (inclusive of GST).
The total maximum value of all prizes for this competition is $7,206.25 (inclusive of GST).
4. Eligibility limitations: Nominators must be aged 18 years and over to nominate a business/Company in a category. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The judging panel will consist of one person from each Sponsor of the Best in Business Awards, The judging panel will comprise one (1) representative from:
- Gladstone Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI),
- Westpac Banking Corporation,
- Gladstone Area Promotion Development Limited (GAPDL); and
- The Observer.
Judging will take place via a tally of the votes from the nominations received, commencing at 10:00am Monday October 19, 2015 at The Observer office, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone QLD 4680.
Once the voting tally is completed, the top four (4) businesses will be notified by way of an acceptance form and a minor business plan is to be submitted by each business by Friday October 30, 2015.
The judges will arrange a time with those businesses for a short 10 minute interview for those businesses in each category between 5:30 and 7:00pm on November 4, 2015 and November 5, 2015.
Judges will select the winning businesses on Thursday November 5, 2015 at 8:00pm. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winners will be announced on November 14, 2015 at the Gala Dinner for Best in Business. Winners and winner’s photos and the winning categories will be published in The Observer on November 16, 2015.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes, when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
The contestants agree that the Promoter (Gladstone Newspaper Co Pty Ltd) may use entries for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee paid to the contestants.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner.
The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Gladstone Newspaper Co Pty Ltd
ACN 009 781 891