Terms and Conditions for: History in Pictures
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, readers must submit a Gladstone History photo for a publication on November 28th, fill in the original voting form from The Gladstone Observer from Monday 7 October 2013 to Monday 11 November 2013. Then place the entry in an envelope marked "History in Pictures" with your name, address and contact number(s) on the back or come and place them in the entry box at The Observer office or email through to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
(a) send by pre-paid post to "History in Pictures", PO Box 351, Gladstone Q 4680 (so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to The Observer, 130 Auckland St, Gladstone Q 4680.
2. Prizes: There is Canon IXUS 125HS Digital Camera to be won valued at approximately $189.00 each inclusive of GST. The total value of the prizes is approximately $189.00 inclusive of GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Monday 7 October 2013 and closes Monday 11 November 2013. Entries received after the Closure Time of 5pm will not be eligible.
4 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter;
- the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The winning contestants will be selected by random draw at or around 12pm on Tuesday 12 November 2013. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s names will be published in The Observer on Wednesday 13 November 2013. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. Any cash winnings will be paid by direct deposit into winner’s bank account. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. If the prize remains unclaimed 60 days after notification has been sent to the winner, it will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
8. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified. By entering the competition you warrant that you are the sole author and owner of copyright in your submitted image/photograph and that your submitted image is entirely your own work.
Promoter: Gladstone Newspaper Company Pty Ltd: ABN 25 009 781 891