TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Observer– New Year, New Yard
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents who reside within The Observer distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Gladstone Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Queensland 4680. ABN 25 009 781 891.
- To enter, contestants must collect the entry form published in The Observer between Saturday December 31, 2016 and Friday January 27, 2017 (inclusive).
- Entry forms must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The contestant must place their fully completed entry form in an envelope addressed to The Observer – New Year, New Yard; then
- Deliver to: The Observer, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Queensland; or
- Send to: PO Box 351 Gladstone Qld 4680;
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period (clause 17).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, there is only one (1) prize.
- Entry is free, however, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
- There will be one (1) winner chosen by random draw. The winner will receive:
- Bunnings Vouchers to the value of $1,000.00 redeemable at any Bunnings store (inclusive of GST).
- Terms and conditions for Bunnings Vouchers can be located at: www.bunnings.com.au
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $1,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash or exchanged for another prize. m
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday December 31, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm AEST Friday January 27, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected by random draw at The Observer office, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680 at 10:00am AEST Monday January 30, 2017.
- Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification and winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’s details will be published in The Observer Public Notices on Tuesday January 31, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Observer office, Gladstone and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be collected within 90 days from notification. Prizes that remain uncollected will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw and a redraw winner chosen via random draw as per these terms and conditions.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
33. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.