KIDS on school holiday turned out in droves to make their own yogurt creations at Stockland Shopping Centre.
Yogurtland's Elise Perchard held a stall in the busy shopping centre on Monday, and said by mid-morning more than 60 children had dropped in.
"They love it, they love the lollies and stacking on the sugar," she said.
Caitlin Smith was proud of her creation, which was based on the "Dutch Chocolate" yogurt flavour.
"I made my masterpiece," the nine-year-old said.
"It has sour worms to make it yummy, and gummy bears to give it more flavour, then we've got blue lollies and sprinkles to make it look awesome."
Eleven-year-old Lachlan Smith said he liked the variety of lollies he had to play with.
"I just made a mess of all the lollies, with the chocolate cheesecake yoghurt," he said.
The highlight of both Lachlan and Caitlin's school holiday, though, was watching movies with their mum and friends.
Samantha Smith, their mother, said it was great to have holiday activities such as those hosted at the shopping centre.
"Especially with the families that don't have a lot of money for activities with the kids, it's really great," she said.
- Disney-themed crown workshop at Stockland Gladstone; 10am-1pm.
- Yoghurt decorating, Yogurtland, 11am-2pm, Stockland Gladstone.
- Horse riding, Harmony Farm for $35. Details: 4974 1267 or 0429 741 267.
- Rhee Tae Kwon Do, Boyne Island Community Complex, 6-7pm, Details: 0417 769 252.
- Child-friendly movie, 9.30am, Gladstone Cinema, tickets $8-$20. Details:4972 0015.
- Kids Big Night Out, Yaralla Sports Club. Dinner, movies and activities. Tickets: $10. Details: 4979 8270.
- Recycled bottlecaps workshop, 10am-12.30pm, Agnes Water, cost $15. Details: 0427 170 633.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.