Known Road Closures in the Miriam Vale area:@08.30am 28 December 2010
- Agnes & 1770 isolated
- NO ACCESS from Bundaberg north of Rosedale
- CLOSED - Turkey Beach Road
- CLOSED - Gorge Road
- CLOSED - Blackmans Gap Road- water over at Colosseum Creek, 10.3klms from Miriam Vale
- CLOSED - Fingerboard Road - .6 metre over the road and steady at House Creek Bridge.
- CLOSED - Fingerboard Road - 1.8 metre over the road and steady at Needle Flats.
- CLOSED - Bindaree Road
- CLOSED - Tableland Road at Essendean Bridge - 8 meters over the bridge
- CLOSED - Bundaberg-Rosedale Road from the intersection - Murrays Creek
- CLOSED - Reedbed Road, Bororen
- CLOSED - Eulileh Creek Bridge - Hills Road - 300mm over and steady
- CLOSED - Sandy Creek, Hills Rd - 1 meter over
- CLOSED - Lowmead Road- water over at Harpers' Creek
- CLOSED - Bariveloe Road - water over at Colosseum Creek
- CLOSED - Scrubby Creek, Lowmead
- CLOSED - Diamond Hill Road - Local traffic only
Known Road Closures in the Calliope area: @08.30am 28 December 2010
- CLOSED - Sheep Station Creek - Dawson Highway
- CLOSED - Catfish Creek - Potters Crossing - Wooderson
- CLOSED - Tablelands Rd - Calliope
- CLOSED - Gentle Annie Road at Raglan Creek Crossing near the intersection of Epala and Dundee Roads
- CLOSED - Hourigan Creek Road at Raglan Creek
- CLOSED - Raglan Station Road at Raglan Creek
- CLOSED - Pikes Crossing at Boyne River
- CLOSED - Blackgate Road at Calliope
- CLOSED - Calliope Station Road at Calliope River
- CLOSED -Gladstone Monto Road at O'Sullivan Road and also at Dawes Range due to mud slide
- CLOSED - Gladstone - Monto Road at Builyan & Littlemore intersection at the Boyne River
- CLOSED - Gladstone - Monto Road at Delcalgil Creek at Nagoorin
- Sections of Gladstone - Monto Road - water over roads - caution required
- Ivy Road- .3mtr over road
- OPEN - Awoonga Dam Road
- Saggitarius StreetTannum - 0.2 over
- CLOSED - Gladstone - Monto Road
- Known Road Closures in the Gladstone area:@08.30am 28 December 2010
- Old Tannum Road, Pacific Ranch End - Proceed with caution
- Yarwun & Targinie Roads, both directions - will be closed
- Wood St, Barney Point - water over road
- Roberts St, Gladstone- Caution Req.
- CLOSED - O'Connor Rd, Benaraby
Travel advisory for the Bundaberg area.
Police wish to remind all motorists that for all traffic and travel advice please visit http://131940.qld.gov.au or call 131940. Motorists should also monitor local council and local radio for all current information.
Some current road closures include the following. This is not an exhaustive list and members of the public are urged to contact the above website and phone numbers prior to commencing any journey.
- Childers Road between Bundaberg and Childers – both Logging Creek and Gregory River crossings are closed
- Goodwood Roadbetween Bundaberg and Childers is cut in six locations
- Woodgate is isolated – residents are unable to travel to Childers or Bundaberg
- Bundaberg-Gin Gin Roadis cut at Splinter’s Creek at Sharon
- Bruce Highwayis cut at Terran Creek (about 32km north of Gin Gin)
- Bundaberg to Agnes Water and 1770 – road is cut at numerous locations, report of a bridge washed out on Agnes Water Road.
- Miriamvale to Agnes Water and 1770 from Miriamvale is cut at Fingerboard Creek.
Police are urging everyone to limit any non-essential travel in these areas and in areas experiencing heavy rainfall. If you are travelling you need to ensure that you have contingencies in place in case you become stranded at the side of the road. Ensure you have sufficient food, water, medications and other supplies sufficient for those in your vehicle.
Remember that road closures are constantly changing as water levels rise and fall quickly. Members of the public need to constantly check for updates and obey road closure signs.
Police remind motorists not to attempt to cross flooded roads or causeways. Do not risk your life, the lives of those in your vehicle and the lives of rescuers. Nothing is so important that you need to enter floodwaters. If you are stranded please remain patient.
Before undertaking any travel motorists are urged to make all possible inquiries with to obtain the most up to date information for their proposed routes –
- Bureau of Meteorology website for up to date weather information, including up-coming forecasts;
- The Traffic and Travel information line on 13 19 40 or http://131940.qld.gov.au
- RACQ road closure site on 1300 130 595 or http://www.racq.com.au/travel/Maps_and_Directions/road_conditions
- For more information about flood and cyclone preparation and emergency kits can be found at www.disaster.qld.gov.au;
- Monitor local councils and local radio stations for local information and updates.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.