News

LNG project to provide 5000 jobs

SANTOS yesterday announced the appointment of an Australian company as the preferred contractor to carry out engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the upstream facilities component of the Gladstone Liquefied Natural Gas project (GLNG).

The Gladstone LNG project involves converting coal seam gas to LNG, and Santos says it is expected to create 5000 jobs during construction and sustain more than 1000 jobs during operation.

Analysts have estimated the project will cost $9 billion.

Fluor Australia is a publicly owned engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management company.

Fluor has operations in Melbourne, Perth, and Brisbane that deliver mining, oil and gas, infrastructure and operations and maintenance projects across Australia and also around the world.

Santos owns a 60 per cent stake and Malaysian energy giant Petronas controls the remaining 40 per cent.

Santos anticipates awarding an EPC contract subject to a final investment decision due mid-year.

Santos will extend Fluor’s engineering design contract to include early works activities of approximately A$50 million.

Read more

LNG plant has enviro go-ahead



Top 10 wedding photographers in Gladstone

Kellie-Marie Taylor nominated Strong Images. Photo Contributed

Who is the best wedding photographer in Gladstone?

Gladstone business makes top 50 list as nation's best places to work

THUMBS UP: Kinnect employees enjoying work on site.

This local business has made 9th place out of 50 Australia wide.

Queensland to have extra holiday at Easter break

The Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, has announced that her government will legislate Easter Sunday as a public holiday commencing in 2017.

QLD catching up with other states with extra public holiday

Latest deals and offers

Top 10 wedding photographers in Gladstone

THEY say a picture speaks a thousand words. So when it's your job to capture a couple on their most important day - their wedding - it's a big deal.


Get Set for Summer!

Get Set for Summer! Win One of Ten...
Learn More

Sale trail preparations look promising

'This year's theme is Australia's Big Day of Good Stuff'

Love is in the air on The Bachelor, but not for Kiki

The Bachelor Australia contestant Kirralee 'Kiki' Morris.

BACHELORETTE bows out gracefully as show enters its final weeks.

A $65,000 bathroom? The Block's incredible budget blow-outs

The Block contestants Julia and Sasha spent a whopping $65,000 on their first renovated room.

TEAMS deliver most expensive en-suites in reno show's history.

Cryptic crosswords: Top clues to solving them

Your guide to solving the cryptic crosswords in your local paper

MOVIE REVIEW: Ben-Hur isn't likely to become a new classic

Toby Kebbell plays Messala Severus and Jack Huston plays Judah Ben-Hur in a scene from Ben-Hur.

ANYTHING less than grand in a remake of Ben-Hur won't do.

Coming up on your TVs this September...

Don't miss A Place to Call Home as season four launches this September.

HERE'S a sneak peek at what's coming up on Foxtel.

Taylor Swift dismissed from jury duty

Taylor Swift was dismissed from jury duty in a sexual assault case

Bunnings starts demolition of historic foundry buildings

SAWTOOTH GONE: Demolition of Foundry sawtooth shed to make way for new Bunnings building.

Lane and footpath closures will take place

Australia's most expensive balcony and it hasn't been built

Viridian Noosa.

How Noosa millionares' squabble could affect body corporates

Receivers move in on Springfield's 'Tower of Power'

The 10-storey tower at Springfield is up for sale with interest high in the iconic structure.

Interest high in iconic 10-storey office building

Palm Lake Resort set to move in to Coast with 276 villas

Palm Lake Group has been given approval by Sunshine Coast Council to build a 276-villa over 50s resort and 120-bed aged care facility at the intersection of Caloundra Rd and Caloundra Mooloolaba Rd in Little Mountain.

New facility planned for Caloundra Rd

Warning for unit investors with price plummet prediction

The warning signs are flashing for one real estate sector in 2017 despite others performing the best they have in years and it's not going to be pretty.

One real estate sector looks set for a rocky 2017

REVEALED: Pat Rafter's $18m Coast house on the market

Check out the photos of the Coast's most expensive property for sale