News

Alleged home invader attempts to strangle teen

A VIOLENT home invasion left three teenagers fighting-off a masked intruder when he tried strangling one youth and made threats to have men kill them.

The police allegations against Dylan John Krauss were made when he applied for bail in Gladstone Magistrates Court.

Police accuse Krauss, 20, of setting explosives off in the yard of a Boyne Island house at 7.30pm Wednesday then returning at 10pm where he attacked the 18-year-old.

Krauss, whose face looked bruised as he sat in the court dock, faces six charges: possession of explosives (fireworks) without authority on October 14; trespassing at The Promenade; using a carriage service - Facebook - to menace/harass; entering a house with intent; assault causing bodily harm; and making threats to kill various people likely to cause them fear of harm.

Prosecutor Sgt Barry Stevens opposed bail.

He said the victim was at the house on The Promenade on Wednesday night with his father, teenage sister and a girlfriend.

There had been a knock on the door and the father saw ignited fireworks in the yard but had not seen anyone.

His son later received a

Facebook message stating: "I hope you like that you dog."

Sgt Stevens said the family dog began barking at 10pm and when the youth walked out through a garage he saw a man staring at him.

The youth told police the man, who had a red bandana wrapped around his face covering up to his eyes, ran at him yelling "come on you dog".

The youth says he grabbed a mattock handle to protect himself with the intruder forcing him through the garage door into the house where he was thrown up against the gyprock wall, the impact causing a big hole.

Sgt Stevens said while being attacked, the youth yelled to his father for help.

His sister and girlfriend tried to grab the attacker who, it is being alleged, grabbed the youth by his throat with both girls punching the attacker in his face.

Sgt Stevens said one girl grabbed the attacker's groin causing him to release the youth.

The youth told police that when he asked the intruder who he was, the man said: "I'm your worst nightmare. I'm going to come back with six blokes and kill you all."

In opposing bail Sgt Stevens said Krauss "admits" taking fireworks to the house as he thought it would be funny.

He had also sent the

message and that it was wrong.

"He denies entering the house and says he was taking a short cut when he was taken into the house by men and assaulted by the girls," Sgt Stevens said.

"He denied threatening to kill anyone."

Mr Schubert refused bail saying it posed an unacceptable risk.

Topics:  boyne island, gladstone magistrate court, gladstone police




UPDATE: Two rushed to hospital as crash shuts down busy Gladstone road

The crash on the corner of Tank St and Glenlyon St.

ACCIDENT directly outside Gladstone’s ambulance headquarters.

Gladstone girl with 'food poisoning' after drinking Woolworths juice box

Mum of two Patrice Cornell found "green gunk" in her daughter's juice box.

MUM claims daughter, 2, got food poisoning from rotten juice box.

BOM: Temperature to drop near freezing in Gladstone region tonight

This radar image depicts the temperature forecast for 7am on Thursday morning.

IT'S set to get icy in the Gladstone region tonight.

Latest deals and offers

Vintaea: Why I left The Bachelor on the first night

Vintaea Carlos was one of 22 "bachelorettes" looking for love on the fourth season of The Bachelor.

Queensland beauty leaves Richie at rose ceremony.

Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp is stalling divorce

Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp is delaying their divorce

The Bachelor host: this year's season is a cracker

The Bachelor host Osher Gunsberg.

GUNSBERG says tonight will be "the best night of TV of the year".

Kerri-Anne Kennerley to Sonia Kruger: "Stay brave"

She said her television peer should "stay brave"

Swimwear designer looking for love on The Bachelor

Noni Janur on her first day of filming.

The 25-year-old is one of 22 women vying for Richie Strahan’s heart

You can own this Queensland town for just $1

Yelarbon

Unprecedented auction of town's business centre with no reserve

Work starts on $15M Caloundra apartment building

Turning the first sod at the Aqua View Apartments site in Kings Beach are (from left) husband-and-wife developers Alex Yuan and Stella Sun with construction company Tomkins director Mike Tomkins and Councillor Tim Dwyer.

Developers excited about addition to Kings Beach skyline

72-year-old Coast developer set to start new project

GREEN LIGHT: The Cosmopolitan has been approved for development at Cotton Tree.

Meet the Canberran set to deliver another chapter for Coast suburb

Plans revealed for 1500-lot 'master-planned community'

Precinct will be bounded by Boundary St and Shoesmith Rd

Ecco Ripley sales run sparks prime release

MOVING IN: Sekisui House has announced the release of more residential blocks at Ecco Ripley.

Sekisui House is preparing to unveil more land at Ecco Ripley

The climb is slow but property on the way up

Michael Matusik, director of Matusik Property Insights.Photo Allan Reinikka / The Morning Bulletin

The improvement would be mild when compared to past cycles