MONTO residents are waiting with bated breath to discover which locals had stockpiled the firearms uncovered in one of the biggest weapons seizures in the state's history.
More than four tonnes of ammunition was uncovered as part of the joint raid conducted by Central Region detectives and the State Crime Command on Monday.
Detective Acting Superintendent and Regional Crime Co-ordinator for Central Region Darrin Shadlow said 328 firearms had been seized at a Monto property.
They included fully and semi-automatic rifles and handguns, as well as a colossal stash of ammunition, from various locations on the isolated property.
"It's well and truly one of the biggest hauls in QPS history," Det Supt Shadlow said.
"Investigations are still being conducted but a number of firearms have been illegally modified and serial numbers have been erased."
Three local men aged 42, 46 and 69 were each charged with unlawful possession of more than 10 weapons including Category C, D and R weapons offences.
Believed to be a father and two sons, they will appear in Biloela Magistrates Court on December 18.
Monto One-Stop Shop owner David Watson said the local community was reeling after the raid.
"We're as surprised as anyone and just waiting to see who it is," he said.
"There's some pretty wild weapons there with fully and semi automatic weapons."
Detective Superintendent Jon Wacker said the haul could be worth $2-3million, including the ammunition.
"On the open market the value of the Glock handguns could be around $10,000 mark," he said.
"Some of the military style rifles would be worth around the $30,000 to $50,000.
He said the trio was licensed to have 71 weapons, some for use in farming. An annual audit, required under the Weapons Act, was carried out in the last two months.
The firearms were taken from Monto to Brisbane on Wednesday night under police escort, and will be catalogued and test-fired by ballistic and forensic officers to see if any have been used in other offences.